In Idaho, homeschool students are allowed to participate in public schools for part-time enrollment, which is referred to as dual enrollment.  Dual enrollment can be for any course or non-academic activity such as sports or music programs.  Homeschool students must meet the same requirements for participation as public school students, such as submitting a standardized test with a minimum test score.  Homeschool students must live within the boundaries of the school with which they plan to participate.  

A student who receives ESA funding, however, cannot “double dip,” by enrolling in an ESA and participating in public school classes, sports, and music. They would be expected to find resources for these things outside of the public school, and fund them with their ESA account. They would not be allowed to participate on a public school sports team, or enroll in a class or music group at the neighborhood school.